1. In the Russian Federation the distribution of information is free subject to observance of requirements established by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
2. Information distributed without use of mass media shall contain reliable data on its owner or other entity distributing this information in form and in volume sufficient for identification of such entity.
3. When using for information distribution the means that allow to determine the information receivers including posting and electronic messages a entity distributing the information is to provide the information receiver with the possibility to refuse such information.
4. Provision of information is carried out according to the procedure that is established by an agreement of entities participating in the information exchange.
5. Cases and conditions of the obligatory distribution of information or provision of information including provision of obligatory copies of the documents are established by federal laws.
6. It is prohibited to distribute information that is directed on war propaganda, fomentation of national, racial or religious hatred and animosity, and also other information, for distribution of which criminal or administrative responsibility is envisaged.